Terra Swing Access
Uncompromised compliance and performance.
Compliance you need. Performance you want. Our new Terra SwingTM Access terrace door is designed to current ADA standards so you can be confident in the product you specify and install. With industry-leading operating force, thermal and water performance, and low threshold, it provides an unmatched solution. And, it’s innovative design simplifies installation. With the unmatched capability of Terra SwingTM Access, you can officially stop compromising.
Industry-leading Design [+][-]
- Frame: 3 1/4″ depth
- Door Leaf: 2-1/4″ depth
- Accepts glazing infills from 1/4″ to 1-3/4″ overall
- Tubular sash
- Flush sash to frame
- Extruded screw spline joinery
- Polyamide thermal break
- Door leaf is corner-keyed, sealed and hydraulically staked
- Outswing operation
- European style hardware and multi-point locks
- In-house anodized and organic finishes
- Single leaf
- Optional integral transom above door leaf
- Optional frame with snap trim to conceal anchor fasteners
Industry-leading Compliance [+][-]
- Lighter 5 lbf of operating force per AAMA 513
- Small 1/2″ threshold designed for easy access to outdoor spaces
- Integral 10″ kick rail — compliant with current ADA requirements — is included so you
can avoid pricey add-ons and delayed lead times
Industry-leading Performance [+][-]
- Fully Tested to NAFS/AAMA 101-17
- Performance Grade: AW-65
- Air Infiltration: <.10 CFM/sq.ft. (6.27 PSF) per ASTM E283
- Water: 15 psf per ASTM E548, E331 and AAMA 501.1
- Uniform Load: 65 psf per ASTM E330
- Tested/Simulated to NFRC 100, 102, 200, 500 and AAMA 1503
- NFRC CMAST, NFRC CPD listed and available in SystemSelect™
- CRF: 64 with kick rail and 1″ IGU
- U-factor: 0.45 with kick rail and 1″ IGU – 0.28 COG
- U-factor: 0.39 with kick rail and 1″ IGU – 0.24 COG
- Fully Tested to AAMA 513 – Standard Laboratory Test Method for Determination of Forces and Motions Required to Activate Operable Parts of CW and AW Class Operable Windows, Sliding Glass Doors and Terrace Doors in Accessible Spaces)
- Operating force: ≤ 5.0 lbf (Normal range of operation defined as unlatching, opening, closing and relatching)
Acoustics per ASTM E90
- STC 33 / OITC 27 with 1″ IGU
- STC 35 / OITC 31 with 1-1/4″ IGU
Simplified Installation [+][-]
- Small 1/2″ threshold sits directly on the floor, so you don’t have to recess the concrete during installation to accommodate the threshold, saving time and money.
- The threshold’s field-installed exterior trim allows for a continuous exterior perimeter seal without relying on a blind seal.
- Adjustable hinges for field adjustment and alignment post-installation.
Click to expand [+] / collapse [-]. Click link on right to download file.
Complementary Product Categories
Resources & Tools
Sharpen your skills, master the changing market, and learn the foundational techniques for success in your role with on-demand, AIA-approved continuing education courses.Learn More