A solution to protect our healthcare community
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is proud to have quickly developed a new product to address the challenges our communities and healthcare workers face in the current pandemic environment.
The healthcare worker protection glass enclosure provides an easy-to-clean, physical barrier between a patient and caregiver mitigating pathogen exposure. Its use not only protects our frontline healthcare workers, but reduces the need for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is in critical short supply.
The system is offered in two formats, a 3-sided or 4-sided fully enclosed, that are modular in nature and can be combined in varying configurations to meet healthcare facility needs.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has requested an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the FDA in an effort to rapidly deploy this product. Our broad network of manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the U.S. can support quick deployment of the enclosure to fight the ongoing pandemic.
Technical Summary – 4-sided unit with Headcap
- Safety Glazing Certification Council (SGCC) Certified
- Supplied with an easy clean hydrophobic coating
- Non-porous and smooth surfaces
- Positive pressure
- Includes HEPA filtration
- Built-in speaker system for communications
- Integrated LED lighting
- Can be unitized and pre-assembled or panelized for bulk shipments
- Pre-assembled on pallet for ease of mobility
- Standard dimensions: 42″ X 49″ X 90″ (includes pallet height)
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Other filtration ratings
- Various levels of reflectivity and visibility
- Glass tints available
- Alternative glass fabrication (e.g. glove height outside standard dimensions)
With years of experience providing building products to healthcare facilities, Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope leveraged our expertise to build this solution.
From our engineering capabilities and knowledge of architectural glass and metal to our expertise in tight joinery of systems and building pressure, our team of experts were able to quickly design a solution to help our frontline healthcare workers.