Glass 101: An In-Depth AIA Credited Course on Glass Production & Fabrication
Whether you are an architect, glazing contractor, or new to the glass industry, a basic understanding of how glass is produced and fabricated for fenestration products is a must. Our OBE Academy offers the perfect introductory course to get you up to speed quickly. And architects can earn one American Institute of Architects (AIA) continuing education unit (CEU).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- List the three main types of glass fabrication,
- Understand the most common glass production method in the U.S.,
- List the three main types of painted glass,
- Explain the steps in the overall process of heat-treating glass,
- Contrast the differences in annealed, heat-strengthened, and fully-tempered glass,
- Learn the production steps and identify the applications of laminated glass,
- Understand insulated glass assembly, and
- Identify the steps to package and deliver finished glass
Glass 101 is part of a series of new AIA CEU-approved courses available on demand in OBE Academy. The following courses will also be released over the next few months, so check back often!
- Glass Performance: Understanding Commercial Applications and Design
- Design Considerations for Security Glazing and Systems in Education, Retail, Institutions, and Beyond
We are dedicated to providing CEU, product knowledge courses and training resources to help you understand a broad range of fenestration topics. Join the more than 1,500 industry professionals who already use OBE Academy. Sign up for a course today? Better yet, invite a friend or colleague to take a course as well!
Click HERE to register for OBE Academy and see the range of courses offered!
Stay in the know!
Sign up to receive the latest news and exclusive content straight to your inbox.Sign Me Up